Focus area of activities
The focus area for the organisation is environment and the field of health and the linkages between the two.The prime area of focus for the organisation is to provide quality support service/ generating awareness in the field of health and environment with maximum participation of stakeholder population under the leadership of people representatives. Actually the organisation consciously attempts to link the scientific & technological inputs with people’s participation to generate a model of pragmatic as well as sustainable delivery system in different social sectors.
Competent areas & expertise
The key competent areas & expertise (in project management & implementation areas) are:
- Quality human resource in the sectors of health & environment.
- Access and penetration within stakeholder population mainly to urban poor through cooperation with people’s representatives as well as community based field workers.
- Quality of networking with various Government and non Government agencies.
- Available infrastructure.
- Experiences in handling number of major projects funded by either Government or International agencies. As mentioned earlier, the field presence of the organisation is cornerstone of its activity as it works through a model of horizontal networking reaching up to the populace who otherwise remain marginalised. The organisation has adequate experience within West Bengal in general and KMA urban local bodies in particular.